MDCP Awards: Industry Groups Can Get Up to $300,000 for Foreign Market Development Projects
Each year, ITA makes several financial assistance awards to industry groups to pursue projects that help U.S. firms export and create jobs. Find out more about getting funds to help on our About MDCP page.
When Will the 2013 MDCP Awards Be Announced?
We generally are not in a position to announce awards until September. Eighteen (18) applications were submitted for the 2013 competition.
2013 Competition Is Closed: Applications Were Due February 28
If your industry group missed this year's deadline to compete for MDCP funds, start to prepare your application for the 2014 competition. It should open up in early January 2014. Use the announcement for the 2013 competition just closed as your guide for preparing your 2014 application. If you are not already familiar with the program, start with our About MDCP page. The submission deadline for next yera should be mid- to late-February 2014.
2012 Winners of MDCP Awards
The nine recipients of the 2012 Market Development Cooperator Program awards are:
- American Association of Independent Music (A2IM), New York, NY – $284,300
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA), Washington, D.C. – $299,139
- AMT-The Association for Manufacturing Technology (AMT), McLean, Va. – $290,762
- Evergreen Building Products Association (EBPA), Tacoma, Wa. – $299,063
- Innovation Center for Energy and Transportation (iCET), South Pasadena, CA – $300,000
- Mississippi River Parkway Commission, Madison, Wis. —$240,000
- Ohio Aerospace Institute (OAI), Cleveland, OH —$165,704
- Recreation Vehicle Industry Association, Inc. (RVIA), Reston, Va. —$300,000
- World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara, Buffalo, NY —$218,771
National Export Initiative and Creating Jobs
It is estimated that a $200,000 increase in exports creates one U.S. job (See study on jobs and exports.) Accordingly, the National Export Initiative is an important effort to stimulate economic growth and broad-based prosperity.
How to Know if You Are On Our Email Contact List
If you received an email on November 27, 2012 then you are on the list. If you did not receive an email and you have not received an email since then notifying you that you are on the list, please email Ms. Latonya Milstead at Latonya.Milstead@trade.gov and request to be added to the contact list.
Who from ITA Works with MDCP Award Winners?
In addition to MDCP Director Brad Hess, MDCP award winners will work with a team of ITA professionals who can help them accomplish project goals. You can search for likely ITA team members using the directories on line 4 of Step-by-Step Application Process.
Designed for Non-Profit Applicants, Not Individual Businesses
MDCP is designed for non-profits, trade associations, etc. that represent an industry. It is not designed for individual companies. For more information about eligibility for financial assistance programs other than MDCP, visit the eligibility page of grants.gov.