MDCP Awards: Industry Groups Can Get Up to $300,000 for Foreign Market Development Projects
Each year, ITA makes several financial assistance awards to industry groups to pursue projects that help U.S. firms export and create jobs. Find out more about getting funds to help on our About MDCP page.
Tips on Preparing Your Application for Funding: Dial in to Learn More
Plan to participate in at least one of the conference calls listed below. To maximize the effectiveness of these conference calls, make sure you are connected to trade.gov/mdcp when you dial in to 203-280-9578. Passcode is 6504789#-
- Nov. 18, 1-2 pm: Overview
- Nov. 21, 11 am-12 pm: Opportunity notice (FFO)
- Nov. 25, 3-4 pm: Project budget
- Dec. 2, 3-4 pm: Overview
- Dec. 5, 10-11 am: Opportunity notice (FFO)
- Dec. 11, 1-2pm: Project budget
- Dec. 19 2-3 pm: Open summary for all subjects
Applications for funding will probably be due in mid-February. Our federal funding opportunity notice (FFO) will not be published until the first of January, but it should be quite similar to last year's FFO. Find out more on our About MDCP page.
Announcement: 2013 Winners of MDCP Awards
The seven recipients of the 2013 Market Development Cooperator Program awards are listed below. Clck on the hyperlinked text to see press releases.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), Chicago, IL – $300,000
- Center for International Trade Development at Long Beach City College (CITD-LBCC), Long Beach, CA -- $300,000
- Capital Region USA, Inc. (CRUSA), Rehoboth, DE. – $293,949
- CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity (CSCEO), Syracuse, NY. – $225,002
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), Ontario, CA – $296,062
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), Rosslyn, VA —$2195,840
- Utilities Telecom Council (UTC), Washington, DC —$299,531
Debriefing of Unsuccessful Applicants?
Schedule requests to debrief unsuccessful applicants were sent on June 6, 2013.
2013 Competition Is Closed: Applications Were Due February 28
If your industry group missed this year's deadline to compete for MDCP funds, start to prepare your application for the 2014 competition. It should open up in early January 2014. Use the announcement for the 2013 competition just closed as your guide for preparing your 2014 application. If you are not already familiar with the program, start with our About MDCP page. The submission deadline for next yera should be mid- to late-February 2014.
National Export Initiative and Creating Jobs
It is estimated that a $200,000 increase in exports creates one U.S. job (See study on jobs and exports.) Accordingly, the National Export Initiative is an important effort to stimulate economic growth and broad-based prosperity.
Who from ITA Works with MDCP Award Winners?
In addition to MDCP Director Brad Hess, MDCP award winners will work with a team of ITA professionals who can help them accomplish project goals. You can search for likely ITA team members using the directories on line 4 of Step-by-Step Application Process.
Designed for Non-Profit Applicants, Not Individual Businesses
MDCP is designed for non-profits, trade associations, etc. that represent an industry. It is not designed for individual companies. For more information about eligibility for financial assistance programs other than MDCP, visit the eligibility page of grants.gov.