MDCP Awards: Industry Groups Can Get Up to $300,000 for Foreign Market Development Projects
Each year, ITA makes several financial assistance awards to industry groups to pursue projects that help U.S. firms export and create jobs. Find out more about getting funds to help on our About MDCP page.
Start Planning for the 2015 MDCP Competition
Start now to prepare your application for MDCP funding. See How to Apply for more details. The 2015 competition will probably open in early January 2015 with applications due in mid- to late-February 2015. A new federal funding opportunity notice (FFO) will be published, but it should be quite similar to the FFO published for the 2014 competition.
Announcement of Winners Not Likely Before Mid-September
We anticipate being able to announce winners of the 2014 MDCP awards sometime in mid- to late-September. Award winners are expected to participate in MDCP orientation in Washington, DC on October 1 and 2, 2014. Both the projected announcement timetable and the orientation schedule represent changes from those included on page 25 of our FFO.
National Export Initiative and Creating Jobs
It is estimated that a $180,000 increase in exports creates one U.S. job. (See study on jobs and exports.) Accordingly, the National Export Initiative is an important effort to stimulate economic growth and broad-based prosperity.
Who from ITA Works with MDCP Award Winners?
In addition to MDCP Director Brad Hess, MDCP award winners will work with a team of ITA professionals who can help them accomplish project goals. You can search for likely ITA team members using the directories on line 4 of Step-by-Step Application Process.
Announcement of 2013 Winners of MDCP Awards
The seven recipients of the 2013 Market Development Cooperator Program awards are listed below. Clck on the hyperlinked text to see press releases.
- American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), Chicago, IL – $300,000
- Center for International Trade Development at Long Beach City College (CITD-LBCC), Long Beach, CA -- $300,000
- Capital Region USA, Inc. (CRUSA), Rehoboth, DE. – $293,949
- CenterState Corporation for Economic Opportunity (CSCEO), Syracuse, NY. – $225,002
- International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), Ontario, CA – $296,062
- National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), Rosslyn, VA —$2195,840
- Utilities Telecom Council (UTC), Washington, DC —$299,531
Designed for Non-Profit Applicants, Not Individual Businesses
MDCP is designed for non-profits, trade associations, etc. that represent an industry. It is not designed for individual companies. For more information about eligibility for financial assistance programs other than MDCP, visit the eligibility page of grants.gov.