- MAS Home
- About MAS
- MAS Vision and Mission
- MAS Senior Staff
- TradeStats Express
- Industry Analysts Directory
- Contact MAS
- Building Products and Construction
- Consumer Goods
- Electronic Commerce
- Environmental Technologies
- Forest Products
- Information and Telecommunications Technologies
- Industry Analysis Home
- Competition and Economic Analysis
- Industry Trade Policy
- Trade and Industry Information
Manufacturing and Services
The Manufacturing and Services (MAS) unit of the International Trade Administration (ITA) is dedicated to enhancing the export competitiveness of U.S. industry, expanding its market access, and increasing its exports. MAS industry experts and economists perform strategic research and analysis in order to develop sector specific strategies for increasing U.S. exports, shape and implement trade policy, and support President Obama’s goal of doubling U.S. exports and increasing domestic employment.
MAS strives to:
- Support U.S. industry’s export competitiveness through critical analysis of domestic regulations, legislation, trade policy development, and negotiations that could impact the ability of U.S. goods and service providers to access overseas markets.
- Ensure U.S. industry input into the interagency trade policy, and promotion process.
- Provide matching partnership funding that leverages the resources of non-profit organizations and expands U.S. goods and services exports.
- Analyze trade data and economic policy to support trade negotiations and bilateral and multilateral discussions that will improve overseas market access for U.S. goods and service providers.
- Provide a forum for engagement with U.S. industry on U.S. trade policies and programs that support export growth
The International Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce, manages this global trade site to provide access to ITA information on promoting trade and investment, strengthening the competitiveness of U.S. industry, and ensuring fair trade and compliance with trade laws and agreements. External links to other Internet sites should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained therein. This site contains PDF documents. A PDF reader is available from Adobe Systems Incorporated.